Diesel Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diesel Anarchy

Cummins - Power Stroke - Duramax forum. Join Us Today!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwhite1012
Hang Around
Zwhite1012

Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty17th August 2012, 6:06 pm

I will be changing the fluid in my 2000psd auto 4x4, and im wondering about synthetic fluid. I have always used dino Dexron III/Mercon because the owner's manual states to only use that fluid and NOT MERCON V OR DUAL RATED FLUIDS. I have also heard of people trashing the clutches in the tranny from using Mercon V. Now, my question is: Is it OK to use Amsoil Universal ATF or Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF even though they are both dual rated Mercon/Mercon V fluids? Has anyone been running either of these in a stock tranny for an extended period of time? Thanks in advance fella's!
Back to top Go down
pukie0725
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty17th August 2012, 6:13 pm

If you check amsoil site, they usually have good info
Back to top Go down
AllIdoistry567
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty17th August 2012, 6:19 pm

I would think you would be fine
Back to top Go down
Daveq210
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty18th August 2012, 2:06 pm

Why don't you continue running the stock transmission fluid?
Back to top Go down
Beerman70
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty18th August 2012, 2:24 pm

I don't know a whole lot about the PSD but why would you change if you are not having trouble with the original stock transmission fluid?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!   Thinking about switching up transmission fluids! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about switching up transmission fluids!
Page 1 of 1