Diesel Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diesel Anarchy

Cummins - Power Stroke - Duramax forum. Join Us Today!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injector issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tirecutitdude
Hang Around

Injector issues Empty
PostSubject: Injector issues   Injector issues Empty20th August 2012, 8:50 pm

I was wondering why injectors go bad so often in these engines? anyone give me some info?
Back to top Go down
dieselmonster40
Hang Around

Injector issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injector issues   Injector issues Empty20th August 2012, 8:56 pm

Well to put things in perspective, a power washer at 3000psi can cut wood, rocks and even skin. Lb7 injector pressures run up to 24,000 psi. the injector tips are metal so in theory I guess they could have used a cheaper metal for the tip and the pressure it wearing them done to nothing. Which affects the atomization which equals unburned fuel.
Back to top Go down
Tirecutitdude
Hang Around

Injector issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injector issues   Injector issues Empty20th August 2012, 9:00 pm

I guess it does make sense. With the technology these days you would think they would be bulletproof these things are a pain to change
Back to top Go down
dieselmonster40
Hang Around

Injector issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injector issues   Injector issues Empty20th August 2012, 9:02 pm

I guess it comes down to production cost, they just wanna keep it down to increase profit margin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Injector issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injector issues   Injector issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Injector issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diesel Anarchy :: Chevy/GMC Duramax 01-04 LB7-
Jump to: