Diesel Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diesel Anarchy

Cummins - Power Stroke - Duramax forum. Join Us Today!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some frame work!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tomandjerry94
Hang Around

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty21st August 2012, 8:43 pm

So my brother got a nice f-350 and when I say frame work I mean minor surface rust is starting to appear. It's nothing major but I don't want to see his truck get any worse. My plan of action was gonna be to paint it any idea how to make the paint last?
Back to top Go down
ooof250rocks
Hang Around

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty21st August 2012, 8:47 pm

Well, POR-15 in my opinion has a great product. It's about 40$ for a quart and you just brush it on to some of the rust areas. Thats the best part you don't have to sand surface rust(only the really bad flakes.) Then I would top coat it with krylon or Rustoleum. Oh yea one quart of Por 15 would probably do the whole frame, it's like paint with water.
Back to top Go down
tomandjerry94
Hang Around

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty21st August 2012, 8:49 pm

I've heard of the POR15 sounds good, I just wanna help my brother out before the winter gets hear. I got a lifted so i'll be working on it this weekend thank you
Back to top Go down
ooof250rocks
Hang Around

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty21st August 2012, 8:52 pm

Lift! working smart let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
tomandjerry94
Hang Around

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty1st September 2012, 10:37 pm

All went well POR dried hard as all hell. Should have used gloves because it also doesn't come off your hands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some frame work! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some frame work!   Some frame work! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some frame work!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diesel Anarchy :: Ford Powerstroke 99-03 7.3L-
Jump to: