Diesel Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diesel Anarchy

Cummins - Power Stroke - Duramax forum. Join Us Today!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need some help with an oil leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joecool54
Hang Around

Need some help with an oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Need some help with an oil leak   Need some help with an oil leak Empty31st August 2012, 9:32 pm

I need help because he just stripped out the threads in the plug that bolts into the top of the filter head. It is the plug that you remove to mount an auxiliary oil filter. The bottom of the part is where the factory spin on filter mounts. He says it looks like the whole part can be removed from the block. I need to know what the part is actually called and if anyone has had experience with this problem.
Back to top Go down
Tcso487
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with an oil leak   Need some help with an oil leak Empty31st August 2012, 9:33 pm

Maybe the oil cooler? is that what you are talking about, could you possibly put a picture?
Back to top Go down
Rjbcg10
Hang Around
Rjbcg10

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with an oil leak   Need some help with an oil leak Empty31st August 2012, 9:34 pm

Can't you drill it and put in a heli-coil?
Back to top Go down
joecool54
Hang Around

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with an oil leak   Need some help with an oil leak Empty31st August 2012, 9:35 pm

I'll look into it thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with an oil leak   Need some help with an oil leak Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with an oil leak
Page 1 of 1